As part of a multi-year initiative to enhance existing strengths and interests in Neuroscience, the Department of Psychology & Neuroscience (http://www.colorado.edu/psych-neuro/) at the University of Colorado Boulder invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant professor position from candidates with active research programs that apply innovative and transformative neurotechnologies, to begin Fall 2017. The Department is recognized as one of the premier academic homes for the integration of psychology and neuroscience through our commitment to research, undergraduate education, and graduate training that all emphasize rigorous scientific methods, interdisciplinary collaboration, and a focus on the interplay between biology, brain, mind, and behavior. This faculty position is aimed at strengthening a world-class core of behavioral and molecular neuroscientists focused on understanding the functioning of the nervous system in health and disease. The successful candidate will develop a collaborative interdisciplinary research program in neuroscience with potential for extramural funding. They will contribute to the undergraduate and graduate education mission of the department, and to the administrative direction of the unit. A Ph.D. in neuroscience, biology or related science field is required.
Applications are only accepted electronically at https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=06716&lang=en, posting #06716 and must include the following:
- Letter of application describing your qualifications for the position, explaining how your expertise synergizes with existing departmental and university strengths;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Statement of research interests;
- Three representative reprints/preprints (compiled into one document for attachment);
- Statement of teaching interests and experience;
- Names and contact information for at least three references. Referees will be sent information on how to submit their letters through CU Careers. You will receive an email when letters are requested and will be able to verify through CU Careers whether or not their letters have been submitted. Applicants who use a portfolio service such as Interfolio are to list the assigned, unique email address of the recommendation provider. That portfolio address will receive an automated email and will upload your reference.
If you have difficulty submitting information, contact Alicia Segal at: 303-492-7510. Review of applications will begin on October 31, 2016. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.